What she left me with...

So I let life get away with me as I do too often and I saw that I had started this post and left it in draft form... So I could NOT, not post this!
Better late than never,,,
It was in late November and I had been brainstorming to sadly make one more
memorial canvas. I hate death.
Fact is my aunt was a sweet spirit with a very soft heart. She had the kind of heart
that cared beyond what the average person does! She was beautiful inside and out!
She is gone too soon!! She is loved by her family and especially by her sisters.
And as much as I am sad she is gone, that pales compared to the grief my mom and
Aunt Linda feel. So heartbreaking.
 As I was brainstorming to create something to celebrate her life, I remembered I had given her something a long time ago I had made... it was the first and only one I have made to date.
I even found a few pics of it! And seeing the pics of it gave me all the feels.
I originally posted it over at Made With Love (and Paper), my first ever design team!
It was started by my talented friend Rachelle (click her name to go check out her blog!) she is so inspiring! I still love that DT and consider some of the peeps on it dear friends.
Anyways I was and am SO grateful that I had pics of this project specifically.
My heart was happy to have made her something before she left us far too soon!
I called this project "Box of Blessings", it was filled with Holy Bible verses, to  remind
whoever I gave this to, (which it ended up being my Aunt Sherry) that God loves us.
Following are a couple pics...





I can see the flaws in it BUT remember making this and it was honestly made with love.
If I am remebering correctly I had my husband give this to her for me.
Everytime she saw me she would tell me how talented she thought I was and how
pretty she thought this lil' box was.
She was a blessing to me to have her as an aunt, and she was a blessing being woman of faith.
She loved God and I loved that about her. Bless her sweet soul.
I finally completed her celebration of life canvas, I was happy how it turned out,
Here is a pic of the completed canvas.



What she left me with was that you can have a caring heart that might honestly care too much.
That hurt sometimes does not lessen or get easier to deal with... 
She was a sweet soul with a heart too soft for this world. 
She will always be missed and loved. I hope she is with all the loved ones who have gone before her and I hope she is full of joy.
I hope my canvas honored her and this post does too,
And I also hope to remember to appreciate and love the loved ones I have left in my life, I hope whoever is reading this does too. Life is fragile and short. 
And in this new year I pray we find ourselves super blessed, and grateful everyday of it!
I hope in spite of this being a post about loss, in some way you were inspired.

                                          💖 - Dezz

Comments

Popular Posts